|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 18, 2020|
|Salary||£20,000 to £24,000 a.e., pro rata|
Operating internationally, our client specialises in the bespoke manufacture of bench scale laboratory instruments. They provide both automated and manual tools to R&D teams in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical and petrochemical industries, as well as into academia.
They are currently seeking a Production Planner to provide administrative and operational support to the Production Manager in planning and resourcing personnel, materials and production space for the equipment build schedule, to ensure all orders are completed on time and within budget.
Summary of key duties:
- Assign Production Projects to the appropriate Project Manager, based on expertise and availability.
- Creating and maintaining a detailed production plan
- Manage the scheduling of non- project builds (for standard components and spares)
- Creation and inputting of standardised Project Documentation, including ERP data entry
- Schedule projects in the Production Plan and maintain reporting tools as appropriate. Inform key stakeholders of shipment schedules, revenue forecasts, current Project Deck status.
- Attend Project Meetings as required and take an active role in daily project tracking pulse meetings.
- Schedule and prioritise personnel, materials and resources and highlight any anticipated resource constraints.
- Escalate any long lead time stock requirements for each project to the Purchasing & Stock Manager, to ensure on time delivery of materials for the project.
- Provide feedback for the company’s quality and continuous improvement system.
- High Level triage of service inbox
- Open / Close MRP Enquiries
- Open / Close service orders in for the EMEA region
Minimum Required Experience:
- More than 2 years’ experience in a Project Administration/Project Officer role, preferably in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Conversant with ERP systems – preferably SAP.
- Competent Microsoft Office user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and use of the Internet
- Experience of working collaboratively in a project team
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with good listening skills
- Excellent organisational, time management, prioritisation and planning skills
- Ability to manage tight schedules
- Ability to work independently, managing own time, prioritising effectively and making decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully
- Approachable manner that encourages interaction with others
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in tracking, monitoring and forecasting performance and the confidence to act to affect progress
- Ability to confidently create, update and manage project schedules and plans.
- Exhibit learning agility and working knowledge of best practice in project management including change and risk management.
- Desirable project management qualification such as Prince2, APMP.
Full training on company systems will be provided
Working hours: 35 hour week. Core Hours 10:00 to 16:00 with flex on start/finish time.
Benefits: 25 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays) – pro rata.
- PA to MD, Property Co., Mayfair – ( May be offered on Temp to Perm basis) posted 5 months ago.
- Electro-mechanical Technician posted 5 months ago.
- Graduate Sec/PA to MD – Property Investment Company, W1. posted 6 months ago.
- Senior PA to MD, Property Co., W1 posted 7 months ago.
- Business Development Manager – Software & DM posted 10 months ago.