|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 25, 2021|
|Salary||Competitive Temp Hourly Rate / Permanent circa £23,000 a.e.|
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE WILL BEGIN ON A TEMPORARY 3 MONTH CONTRACT, WITH A VIEW TO BECOMING PERMANENT THERAFTER.
Our client is an international group of companies with headquarters in Borehamwood. The company is a world leading manufacturer of research scale laboratory products, equipment and systems for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
They are currently looking for an organised and methodical, articulate and computer literate person to join their Procurement team. You will be providing key support by tackling challenging Supply Chain issues, assisting with expediting and dealing with lead time exceptions, to enable smoother forecasting and order fulfilment by the Production team.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in a purchasing department within manufacturing industry, but candidates with a background from specialist purchasing in other sectors will be considered. To be successful in the role, you will need to be flexible, hard-working, with the ability to communicate both politely, but assertively with suppliers and effectively with people on all levels in a friendly and professional manner.
- Reviewing Daily Purchase Order Acknowledgements and updating delivery dates against material lines
- Reviewing missing acknowledgements outside of expected response times and contacting suppliers to confirm delivery dates.
- Negotiating expedited delivery dates, or partial deliveries where acknowledged dates risk delays to order fulfilment
- Assisting in the maintenance of an accurate item library and respective purchase pricing in the company’s ERP system
- Actioning routine re-orders for stocked and consumable items
- Assisting in writing and updating work instructions and process maps for the Procurement function
- Administration of submissions and responses to supplier questionnaires to support ISO 9001 and ISO14001 compliance.
- Ensure all relevant processes and procedures are followed throughout the task and documentation has been completed in line with company quality and continuous improvement process.
- Assisting in producing inventory reports
- Provide key support for Physical Inventory Counts
Required Education and Experience
- GCSE Standard Pass or higher in each of Maths and English (Grade C or Grade 4 under the new Grading Scheme)
- IT Literate – MS Office, e-mail and internet.
- At least one year’s experience in a purchasing/procurement role
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with peers and leaders.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
Desireable Skills and Attributes
- Polite and professional telephone manner, confident and assertive in communication with external partners
- Experience of working in a specialist industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience using SAP ERP
- Communications and Policy Officer posted over 4 years ago.