|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 17, 2022|
|Salary||Circa £29,000 a.e.|
Our client is an international group of companies with headquarters in Borehamwood. The company is a world leading manufacturer of research scale laboratory products, equipment and systems for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
They are currently looking for a project Engineer to manage the manufacture of equipment, from sales order confirmation through to despatch and installation, whilst providing technical expertise to the production team and end users across the global customer base.
The ideal candidate will hold a BSc in Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering and be a well organised, confident and good communicator. They will be willing to travel and capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time. Ideally they will have some experience of working in precision equipment manufacturing, or have a background from a commercial chemistry analytical laboratory, or piloting plant in a chemical process engineering environment.
Key Responsibilities (non-exhaustive)
- Reviewing quotation documents to create a manufacturing work package and ensuring all aspects of the build plan meet specification requirements listed in the quotation documents and ensuring final delivery deadlines are met.
- Engagement with customers to provide a milestone timeline, overview of specification and delivery schedule.
- Consultation with team managers to ensure the release of skilled resource to support the timely manufacture of the build, including software construction, development of bespoke materials, electronics engineers and Production Technicians.
- Escalating potential supply constraints to the purchasing group.
- Timely engineering change requests
- Adherence to all pre-determined quality plans, ensuring that the manufactured equipment has demonstrated repeatability, reliability and reproducibility prior to despatch.
- Conducting peer reviews on other manufactured systems
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, products and materials
- Occasional support for installation at UK customer sites and Mainland Europe
- Supporting the ongoing training of staff in specialised product lines to deliver a “three-deep” skill capability across all company Product SKUs
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Understanding of electronics and/or systems engineering an advantage.
- Fully conversant with analytical methods, measurement and evaluation of results.
- Computer literate with intermediate skill in MS Office Applications such as Excel, Outlook, MS Visio and MS Teams.
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably SAP Business One
- Clean Driving Licence
- Valid passport, in case of overseas travel.
- Fluency in written & spoken English
- Previous experience from an equipment manufacturing, commercial analytical chemistry laboratory, or chemical process pilot plant highly advantageous
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Methodical, organised and systematic in approach to tasks
- Able to plan and oversee a programme of events, whilst ensuring delivery schedules are met.
- Critical Thinker, with ability to adapt and progress when presented with unforeseen change
- Confident, personable and assertive in customer-facing settings and interactions with colleagues.
The following benefits are on offer:
- Competitive salary – circa £29k a.e.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Death in service benefit
- Production Supervisor – Electronics posted over 4 years ago.
- Project Management Biochemist (with industrial experience) posted over 7 years ago.