|Location||Harrow Weald, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 17, 2022|
|Salary||circa £23,000 a.e.|
Our prestigious client in the travel/beauty industry is seeking a smart, well presented, articulate and organised administrator to join the team at their Training Headquarters. The role will involve making arrangements to on-board new students, whilst maintaining and updating of the company’s Training in-house databases (BOS) accurately. Additionally management reports on student status will be delivered to tight deadlines and care taken to run all elements of the administration processes smoothly.
Ideally, this role will particularly suit someone who has already had a background in administration in travel, recruitment, or HR. In any case, you will need to have great organisational and administrative skills, coping with “high volume” tasks efficiently, whilst remaining cheerful and helpful when under pressure!
Overview of duties:
- Communicate effectively with all students prior to their start date, confirming training dates and accommodation details.
- Responsible for booking accommodation for new students.
- Plan and deliver new student inductions using Powerpoint in a professional, informative and enjoyable manner.
- Responsible for each student holding a valid medical, qualifications or certificates, visa’s and passports enabling them to work on board a cruise ship.
- Obtain student signatures on ALL required forms in a timely manner.
- Ensure manual student files are kept tidy and updated with all relevant paperwork filed promptly.
- Ensure all students receive the correct uniforms for their vessels.
- Provide accurate and timely upkeep of the BOS In-house Database, ensuring ALL information relating to students is uploaded onto system and maintained to a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain and update all ‘Bible’ information onto the BOS.
- Provide verbal and written communication at all levels via phone, email and written correspondence.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and stock levels of uniforms, assisting in quarterly stock checks and reporting findings to the Systems Administration Manager.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss developments, ideas, problems and concerns, past and present, for the proper functioning of the Administration department.
- Provide effective team communication at all times due to the crossover of information between roles.
- To provide accurate management information, when requested.
- Respond to ad hoc queries and requests by employees, management or externally in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Provide support to the Administration Managers.
General administrational duties
- Carry out photocopying requests, which shall include large volumes, manuals, etc.
- Ensure filing systems are accurately maintained and up to date at all times.
- To carry out some manual handling, such as deliveries of uniforms, products, stationery, etc.
- Ensure all public areas are clear and tidy and be responsible for receiving and storing deliveries, whilst informing relevant recipients to collect.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Educated to at least GSCE level, with Maths and English grades A-C, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in an administration support role
- Good computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a positive approach
- Smart and professional appearance
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High personal standards and values
- Proactive and assertive
- Friendly and helpful attitude both to students and management
- Open to continuous learning and improving performance
- Willing to take on new responsibilities
Working hours: 37.5 hours/week. (09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday)
For a full job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your current experience and suitability for the role.
- Staffing Coordinator – immediate start! posted about 1 year ago.
- Graduate Administrator (Temp->Perm) Immediate Start! posted over 3 years ago.
- Customer Services Exec / Administrator – High value collectibles posted over 4 years ago.