|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2018|
|Salary||£25,000 to £35,000 a.e.|
Application Chemist for Sales/Marketing Support
A great opportunity for a chemistry, or chemical engineering graduate with a couple of years working experience in the chemical industry, to join a laboratory equipment manufacturing company in a commercial role, to support its overseas offices and distributors. Your basic understanding of chemistry and chemical processes will enable you to discuss the company’s product applications with potential clients and with its sales outlets/distribution channels, as well as helping to generate marketing material.
This is an exceptional chance to develop your career with an industry leader. As a small, expanding company they offer the potential for career progression. You will report to the Sales Director and be based at the UK headquarters, supporting clients and sales offices worldwide.
Duties will include:
- Supporting distributor activities involved in chemical and bio- equipment within Europe, including preparation of technical offers, assisting in obtaining technical information, updating with company information, exhibition support, pricing and marketing materials
- Assist in training new distributors.
- Limited amount of direct product selling within Europe by working with Sales and Marketing Director to specifically focus on strategic geographic and application areas.
- Preparing and writing technical content for marketing materials
- Assist in preparation of exciting new application notes on key scientific areas of interest.
Essential Experience and skills
- Degree in Science/engineering, ideally chemistry including some industrial experience.
- Experience required within a chemical laboratory environment. (Direct experience with chemistry automation particularly advantageous.)
- Working knowledge of chemical processes deployed in pharmaceutical and fine chemical R&D.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand customer processes and tailor suitable solutions
- Have a flexible working attitude
- Be able to travel within Europe as needed
- Valid full driver’s license.
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus structure
- Company pension scheme (after 1 year’s service)
- 22 Days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Skincare Products Brand Ambassador / Sales Consultant – Central London posted about 1 month ago.
- Skincare Products Brand Ambassador / Sales Consultant – Milton Keynes posted about 1 month ago.
- Sales Assistant – Luxury Lighting Retailer posted about 1 month ago.
- Customer Service Executive with French and Italian posted about 1 year ago.
- Software Development Engineer posted about 1 year ago.