|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2017|
|Salary||£20,000 to £23,000, a.e.|
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE WILL INVOLVE SOME MANUAL LIFTING/HANDLING OF BULKY/HEAVY ITEMS.
Our client is an international group of companies with headquarters in Borehamwood. The company is a world leading manufacturer of research scale laboratory products, equipment and systems for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
They are currently looking for a well organised, hardworking, computer literate person to join their stores team. You will need an eye for detail and willingness to work with others to gather, update and maintain the essential parts and pricing information needed by both external clients and internal staff.
For some older equipment, for which information may not always be readily available, you will need to take ownership and use your research skills and initiative to track down the parts/details required.
Duties for the role will include:
- monitoring of stock levels for selected items and ordering replacement stock,
- inspection of Goods Inwards,
- processing of Spares Orders,
- liaising with customers and suppliers,
- providing assistance with parts and equipment packing for dispatch,
- maintenance of Price Lists / Databases
- provision of prices for spare parts to clients and internal sales staff.
The role will ideally suit someone who is also able to handle packing/unpacking as well as internal stocking and distribution of received items. This practical side of the job also involves collating and shipping goods to exhibitions as well working with engineering department to help dispatch goods after manufacture.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be flexible, hard-working, with the ability to communicate effectively with people on all levels in a friendly and professional manner and show initiative in improving the company’s current systems.
Essentials Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literate
- High degree of personal effectiveness
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication and investigative skills
- Commitment to quality
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a small team.
- Positive approach to change
- Effective Time Management
- Customer focus
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory Company Pension scheme after 12 months’ service
- 22 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays).
- Bookings Clerk – Motor trade posted 2 months ago.
- Experienced Office Administrator (with reception duties) posted 3 months ago.
- Mechanical Design (Drawing) and Assembly Engineer posted 4 months ago.
- Sales Office Customer Service Administrator posted 6 months ago.
- Senior Administrator – Training Academy posted 6 months ago.