|Location||St Albans, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2018|
Our client is a growing, successful company, providing 3rd party operational services to the finance and insurance sectors.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced software tester to support their IT Programme Manager. You will be responsible for all financial software testing within the department covering full projects, Change requests and Helpdesk tickets.
The ideal candidate will have had around 2 years’ experience testing software within a financial services company. However, candidates will also be considered who have tested software packages for clients within that sector.
As well as a competitive salary, the role comes with the following additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Service related annual leave accrual.
- Ensure the provision of realistic but optimal estimations for the effort required by the test team on change requests and projects.
- Planning and execution of system testing to defined objectives and timescales
- Convert requirements and development information into a unit/regression testing packs
- Produce test plans, scripts (manual and automated), and test data to agreed timescales and quality for given systems
- Ability to support project teams during OAT and UAT
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through all software releases
- To assist in the provision of accurate Technical Specifications for Third Party and Company products.
- To investigate and resolve allocated errors/bugs/change requests and other helpdesk jobs.
- Ensure testing workload is correctly forecast within the IT resource planner and updated.
- Ensure that all relevant knowledge regarding products, projects and clients is shared within IT Department.
- Ensure Testing and related procedures and ISO documentation records are kept up to date
- Undertake BAU testing tasks as allocated
- Provide the IT Programme Manager with a weekly written/verbal report on current status.
- Liaise with the Development Manager to ensure development and testing activities are planned and co-ordinated
- Ensure any regulatory, procedural, SLA or ISO27001 breaches are documented in a timely manner as and when required by the IT Risk owner or compliance.
- Work with the department Risk Owner to ensure that all security breaches are completed within 24 hours as per the procedures, escalating any residual risk to the IT Risk owner.
Minimum Qualifications and experience
- 2 years’ experience in software testing
- Around 2 years’ experience within the Financial Services Industry
- Education to A-level, or equivalent.
- 5 x GCSEs with at least Grade C in Maths and English.
- Good inter-personal, organisational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised and fast moving environment
- Ability to adapt to change with a flexible approach
- Excellent attention to detail
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 (37.5 hrs/week)
- Electronics Engineer posted 2 months ago.
- Paralegal / Contracts Administrator posted 3 months ago.
- I.T. Sales Support Executive (B2B) posted 8 months ago.
- 2nd Line Desktop Engineer – Urgent – Immediate Start! posted 9 months ago.
- Dutch speaking Credit Controller posted 10 months ago.