|Location||Edgware, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2017|
Our client is looking for an experienced account manager/sales person to join the Business Development team in their busy travel agency, which offers bespoke tours to travellers from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
This role will suit someone who has several years proven experience in B2B sales and Account Management within the U.K. travel industry, driving sales to U.K. and Irish travel destinations and building up sales contacts/relationships with overseas tour companies at a senior level.
You will need to be 100% fluent in both written and spoken German, plus have excellent written and spoken English.
Reporting to: General Manager
Purpose of Role:
To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and prospects on the French/German Market and to have total responsibility for all their confirmed travelling groups. To generate incremental revenue streams by cross-selling and up-selling from any historical and new customer base. To increase awareness of the Company and its offerings in France and/or Germany. To be fully in charge of all brochure and ad-hoc requests and to ensure quotations are sent on time and answer clients’ expectations.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
1) Account Management:
- To maintain and increase sales of the Company’s products
- To reach the targets and goals set for your area & department
- To service the needs of existing customers and new leads
- To constantly provide high customer service
- To present new products and services and enhance existing client relationships.
- To find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future
- To cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- To identify and qualify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- To collect customer feedback and market research
- To keep up to date with products and competitors
- To attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions as requested
- To travel abroad to meet new clients as might be required and agreed with line manager
- To maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping up to date with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- To work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other departments to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue
- To identify business opportunities
- To negotiate and close business deals
- To be in charge of Famtrips for all your clients and follow the procedure
- To maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- To log all calls/ visits to clients into the CRM and/or KPI
- To log any request received following a marketing action
- To ensure all complaints are resolved to client satisfaction and that they are entered into the CRM or complaints log.
3) New request /Offers
- To ensure all offers are sent out on time and at budget
- To answer all enquiries/correspondence within specified kpi’s
- To be the first point of contact for all clients
- To ensure that our market share from all clients is constantly growing and to be aware when clients are using us less – ensuring pro-active follow-up and resolution of issues
- To maintain good and up to date product knowledge at all times
6) Client Retention:
- To present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
7) Brochure and Special Offers:
- To be actively involved in the design and production of client’s brochure products and ad-hoc groups
- To identify opportunities to improve operational and service methods / procedures.
- Willing to work weekends & unsociable hours, including staying away from home when necessary during planning period and for the events.
- To travel and meet clients / new agents as required and appropriate
Office hours: Either 08:00 to 17:00, or 09:00 to 18:00