|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 29, 2019|
|Salary||£18,000 to £19,500, plus discretionary annual bonus|
Our Client, based in Borehamwood, has been a national distributor of plumbing and allied products to the retail sector for 35 years. They are a forward thinking, family-run business which offers outstanding customer service and provides valuable opportunities for their staff. They employ a stable and committed team in a hardworking and extremely happy and friendly office and are looking for an additional person to join their Sales Administration team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a Sales Office and will be dealing with customer enquiries, processing orders, liaising with the sales team/ warehouse staff and carrying out other general office administration duties, as required. The main duties will include:
- liaising with the large customer base, suppliers, internal staff and key partners
- processing orders and dealing with customer enquiries and queries via telephone, email and fax. A large amount of telephone work is involved!
- contacting existing or potential customers to inform them about products and promotional offers
- other general office duties, as required
To be successful you will need:
- Previous relevant experience in a sales office, or similar environment
- A proven track record of punctuality, reliability and trustworthiness
- A conscientiousness and good work ethic
- An excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially on the telephone
- A positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude
- The ability to interrelate with people at all levels
- A friendly and personable disposition
- To be computer literate with usual software - i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, with ability and willingness to use the company’s own bespoke computer software, on which full training will be provided.
- To be keen to learn new skills and take on additional/new responsibilities, as required.
It would be a great benefit to have the practical ability to learn how some of the company’s more technical products operate so an interest in DIY, or how things work would be an advantage.
- Working hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, with 4.30 pm finish on Fridays
- Annual holiday: 20 days + bank holidays.
- Discretionary Annual Profit-Share Bonus.
- Stock and Spare Parts Administrator posted over 2 years ago.