|Location||St Albans, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2018|
|Salary||£21,000 to £22,000 a.e.|
Reporting to the Reconciliation Team leader, this is a great opportunity for a meticulous individual to join the team, in the Finance Department of a well established Financial Services Administration Specialist.
You will be providing a full reconciliation service to the Finance department.
As well as a competitive salary, the role comes with the following additional benefits:
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Service related annual leave accrual.
Summary of Duties:
- Download daily account balances using online banking machines and print.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations
- Quickly and efficiently investigate and resolve any reconciling differences.
- Liaising with other departments, applying correct procedures for returned cheques or rejected DD / BACS payments.
- Cheque writing to cover all client money accounts (manual and automated printing)
- Monitor cheque payments for uncleared items and re-isse those over 6 months old.
- Build relationships with IT, Investment Management and Maturities colleagues to ensure all strike issues/discrepancies are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Monitoring of bounced cheques advising Investment Admin team to contact customer for replacement funds.
- Monitor cheque payments for uncleared items and re-issue those items over 6 months old.
- Input daily transfers and payments on to relevant internet banking system
- Carry out sufficient colleague training in order to provide cover for the role.
- Produce management information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the department & an external client
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as required.
- Report any breaches of client money regulations to the Compliance Manager.
- Support and work in accordance with the company’s ISO 27001 certification and TCF policies and procedures.
- Attend monthly Security Awareness Committee meetings.
Required Experience (minimum):
- 2 year’s experience within the Financial Services Industry.
- 2 year’s experience of working within a reconciliation team
- A-C GCSE Education in English and Maths
- Intermediate MS Excel user
- Understanding of basic principles of DPA /Data Protection.
- Meticulous with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload
- Risk Averse
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30.
Holiday: 20 Days Annual leave + bank holidays. Further leave accrues (up to 5 days), based on length of service.
- Bookings Clerk – Motor trade posted 12 months ago.