|Location||Bedford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2017|
|Salary||£50,000 to £55,000 a.e. – (OTE £100,000 plus)|
Our Client is part of a global manufacturing group and has been established for over 40 years. They are the UK’s leading distributor of plastic sheet material and roll media, supplying many different markets including sign and display, digital printing and exhibition and events. They also undertake the fabrication and design of semi-finished and finished products for the construction and engineering industries. Operating from 14 locations nationwide this is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and dynamic general manager to join the business and to take over the leadership of the Bedford production and distribution centre. This role will have overall responsibility for all aspects of running the facility. This will includes all staff matters, sales effort, inventory control, marketing, financial reporting and compliance to company and regulatory standards. The manager will have ownership of all aspects of the business unit, but the primary aim will be to maximise its long term growth in operating income and profit and grow the business from its current turnover of £3.5 million. Key requirements for the role are:
- Identification of new product and market opportunities and execution of a 3 year business plan for the centre
- Promoting and marketing all the services provided by the centre to its customer base using all available means.
- Directing, motivating and developping existing staff (12), particularly the sales team to maximise revenue. Appointing new staff as required to meet business requirements.
- Provide monthly reports and to be responsible for Company financial reporting
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, including health and safety, operator’s licence and employment law
- Managing inventory levels efficiently in order to meet customer and financial requirements
- Negotiating local purchasing agreements/rebates with suppliers
- Producing and presenting an annual forecast to the Company’s shareholders
- Maintaining the facility and ensuring operations are in accordance with lease agreement.
- Proven experience of developing business plans in a sales led business and growing a business unit
- Leadership experience of a sales team and driving revenue growth
- 5 years in a mangagement role with full P&L responsibility
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Education to A level including Maths, or equivalent as a minimum.
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Background in a logistics, or (plastics) manufacturing/distribution business
- Management of production, warehouse and distribution staff
- Education to Degree level
- Technical Sales Engineer posted 3 days ago.
- Technical Stores Manager posted 3 days ago.
- Business Development Team Leader (Travel Industry) posted about 1 month ago.
- Operations Team Leader (Travel Industry) posted about 1 month ago.
- Software Tester posted 2 months ago.