|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
|Salary||£30,000 to £35,000 a.e., plus performance related bonus|
Operating internationally, our client specialises in the bespoke manufacture of research and pre-pilot scale chemical reactors and systems. They provide both automated and manual tools for process R&D to clients in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical and petrochemical industries, as well as in academia.
Due to expansion and internal reorganisation, they are looking for an experienced, results driven and customer orientated Electronics Engineer to manage the the day-to-day activities of the Production Electronics Team and liaise with the wider production project teams (PMs and mechanical engineers/technicians).
You role will be to ensure that Electrical Project builds are completed on time and within budget and that the quality of the goods and services provided to the customer is of the highest standard.
- Ensure all products comply with all relevant electrical standards, regulations and shipping declarations etc.
- Provide on-going oversight and monitoring of electrical equipment builds and testing both in terms of quality and efficient working to meet schedule/delivery deadlines.
- Ensure all relevant processes and procedures are followed throughout the project and documentation has been completed in line with our quality and continuous improvement system.
- Hands on approach to assisting with electrical builds, integration and testing as required.
- Regular updates with line manager to highlight issues and recommend actions to resolve them.
- Work with the Production Manager to develop Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”) to help the Project Teams to carry out complex routine operations. The SOPs will aim to achieve efficiency, quality output and uniformity of performance.
- Work with Production Manger to develop a standard training programme for new Electronics Engineers joining the company.
- Evaluate training needs of team and develop necessary training programme to ensure everyone reaches the necessary standards of work.
- Evaluate successes and challenges associated with each project to enhance learning for the next project and for the department as a whole.
- Ensure Works Packages are created and maintained. Review Works packages of fellow colleague’s.
- Manage the company’s inventory of returned/rejected equipment with regards to repair, testing and return to stock, or disposal. Schedule appropriate team members to carry out repairs etc in a timely manner.
- Work with Purchasing & Stock Manger to ensure levels of key electrical stocks are maintained and of the necessary quality, to ensure on time delivery of materials for all projects.
- Resolve Electrical enquiries as required from suppliers, clients and internal requests in a timely manner.
Essential Education/ Experience Requirements:
- A qualification in an Electrical engineering discipline
- Proven practical experience in Electronics design and production
- Two to three years’ proven experience in a staff supervisory/management position in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop a good understanding of the company’s electronics/electronic design quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Good listening skills
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet
- Have an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed
- Clean Driving Licence
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Decisiveness in pressurised situations, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary performance related bonus
- Contributory Company pension scheme (after 1 year’s service)
- 22 days annual leave + Bank Holidays.
- Site Service Engineer posted 4 months ago.
- Production Planning Officer [6 month fixed term contract] posted 5 months ago.
- Software Development Engineer posted 5 months ago.
- PA to MD, Property Co., Mayfair – ( May be offered on Temp to Perm basis) posted 5 months ago.
- Electro-mechanical Technician posted 5 months ago.