|Location||Harrow Weald, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2019|
|Salary||£18,000 to £20,000 a.e., pro rata|
Monday to Friday (20 hours per week / 4 hours per day, fixed)
Our prestigious client in the travel/beauty industry is seeking a smart, well presented, articulate and organised accountant to join the finance team at their Training Headquarters. The role will involve managing the day to day functioning of the finance department and to assist with both internal and external reporting requirements.
Ideally, this role will particularly suit a professionally qualified accountant/book keeper, who is in a “return to work” situation and is seeking some flexibility over working hours. The duties of the role will be varied, and candidates with some experience of re-organising and streamlining accounts systems will be particularly suited.
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s accounting books and records
- Preparation and submission of monthly management accounts for internal and group reporting purposes, working to reporting deadlines
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance with statutory reporting including Customs & Excise,
- Central Statistics and other government regulatory bodies
- Annual preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Provision of management information and analysis in response to specific requests
- Set up and regulate new Vendors for the company
- Obtain full backup of intercompany charges and set up and pay company’s overseas salaries
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies whilst increasing the quality of the activities
- Ensure all invoices are logged, processed, paid and allocated within the agreed terms and conditions
- Coding of invoices for updating to system on a daily basis, filing and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Ensuring that all invoices received provide both Purchase Order and
- Authorised approvals before processing for payment
- Ensuring that all debit notes are processed and monthly reconciliations are completed
- Dealing with queries from suppliers and queries with the account handlers, ensuring these are resolved on a timely basis
- Processing and verifying employee expenses
- Maintain PO system
- Reconciling Aged Creditors before month end close
- Degree Level Education
- Professionally qualified (CIMA, ACCA, OR ACA).
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent technical accounting ability
- Proven experience of financial systems
- Computer literate in MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Ability to drive issues through to resolution
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Smart and professional appearance
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and assertive
- Friendly and helpful attitude
For a full job description, please contact us, outlining your current experience and suitability for the role.
- Production Planning Officer [6 month fixed term contract] posted 3 days ago.
- Graduate Administrator (Temp->Perm) Immediate Start! posted 15 days ago.
- Software Development Engineer posted 17 days ago.
- PA to MD, Property Co., Mayfair – ( May be offered on Temp to Perm basis) posted 21 days ago.
- Electro-mechanical Technician posted about 1 month ago.