|Location||Edgware, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2018|
|Salary||up to £30,000 according to experience|
To apply for this role you will need to be 100% fluent in written and spoken French, plus have excellent written and spoken English.
Our client is looking for a dynamic and experienced Team Leader to supervise the Operations/BD team in their busy travel agency, which offers bespoke tours to travellers from French speaking areas in Europe and Canada.
This role will suit someone who has several years proven experience within the travel industry, with great operational experience with tour groups, MICE and FIT, organising travel to U.K. and Irish travel destinations
Additionally, you will need previous experience of managing junior colleagues, as you will be supervising and mentoring the Operations and Business Development Executives in the French team.
Summary of duties:
- Monitor and support the Operations and Business Development teams.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all clients.
- Log and monitor all new enquiries/requests
- Develop business and send out accurate and competitive quotations.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing manager to maximise conversation rates.
- Ensure the “booking summary list” is constantly updated and accurate
- Oversee operational requirements against booked tours – e.g. bed bank list.
- Negotiate rates with contracted/non-contracted suppliers.
- Update and work closely with the Operations Director on the Introduction and Training Programme.
- Train Operations staff on both procedures and product knowledge
- Monitor staff response times and ensure that all staff achieve their targets.
- Assist Sales & Marketing Manager with the creation of special offers and promote to client base.
- Proven experience in an operations role within the Travel Industry, or degree in Tourism Management or similar.
- Experience in managing a small team
- Fluency in English and French to business level
- Knowledge and understanding of travel industry information systems, preferably the Tourplan platform.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate and small team
- Ability to induct, coach and support team members
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed way
- A positive attitude with drive and a work ethic to meet targets
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and able to ‘think outside the box’
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication/relationship-building
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent time-management
Office hours: Either 08:00 to 17:00, or 09:00 to 18:00 (alternate weeks on a rota basis).
Participate in Emergency Mobile Phone cover, (rota basis).
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme
If interested, please contact us with CV to request a full Job Specification.
- Operations Executive (German) posted over 2 years ago.