|Location||London, West End, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2019|
|Salary||£21,000 to £23,000 a.e.|
This is an urgent placement with an immediate start!
Do you have a genuine interest in history/antiquities and also previous office administrative and retail experience? If so, read on – this is a unique opportunity to join a long established and highly prestigious organisation, which prides itself on its expertise in the high value collectibles field.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the admin for the busy team which deals with rare and ancient coins, whilst also being the main point of contact for customers. You will be an integral part of the team, ensuring the office operations and business activities run smoothly. You will also be given training to develop your numismatist skills to be able to value and deal coins and have the opportunity to attend trade fairs and shows.
You will need to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed, ensuring that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organisation.
Duties of the role (non-exhaustive):
- Deal with customer enquiries via phone/e-mail, redirecting if required.
- Assist walk in customers in the retail area, browsing stock and processing payments
- Basic bookkeeping activities
- Photographing items for print catalogues and website
- Support the team with administrative duties, filing, records management
- Handle and analyse customer data for collecting interest and buying behaviour
- Prepare stock and supporting documentation for insurance and customers purposes
- Co-ordinate logistics in the department, including travel for trade fairs and shows (occasionally at weekends).
- Monitor office supplies and replenish as required
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- One year’s proven experience in an office administration role
- Experience of retail customer service
- Experience of basic book keeping
Additional desirable/highly desirable experience:
- Previous experience of working with historical items (highly desirable)
- Experience of using Photoshop (or similar) (desirable)
- Basic numeracy
- Good time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent email and telephone manner
- Efficient administration/organisational abilities with a keen attention to detail
- Computer literacy with MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Accurate Data Entry skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Additional desirable skills/experience:
- Photographic skills
- University Degree in History, or related subject.
- Interest, or basic knowledge of coins.
Hours: 09:00-17:30, Mon-Fri. 37.5 hours/week
20 Days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Site Service Engineer posted 21 days ago.
- Customer Service Executive with French and Italian posted about 1 month ago.
- Production Planning Officer [6 month fixed term contract] posted about 1 month ago.
- Graduate Administrator (Temp->Perm) Immediate Start! posted 2 months ago.
- Software Development Engineer posted 2 months ago.