|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||October 18, 2017|
|Salary||£18,000 to £21,000 a.e., plus discretionary annual bonus|
Our client is involved in the development, assembly and supply of equipment that is used in laboratories worldwide to develop new chemicals, plastics and medicines. Their equipment consists of electronics for measuring things such as temperature, pressure and pH plus stirred glass and metal chambers that are heated/cooled for performing and assessing the chemical reactions. The measurements are then integrated through software for readout and analysis.
They are currently seeking a hands-on technician with some practical experience (ideally from working in a laboratory, equipment assembly workshop, or similar environment). Duties will include:
- Assembly and installation of instrumentation, such as pressure gauges, thermometers, pH- and flowmeters.
- Installation of instrument wiring for interfacing.
- Construction of prototype units.
- Operational testing of trial reactor assemblies, prior to finalinstallation and commissioning.
- Manual dexterity
- Familiarity with mechanical fittings and pressure fittings (for chemical analytical equipment).
- Experience with the use of machine tools.
- Skill in making up cables, connectors, general soldering tasks and electrical/mechanical repairs.
- Testing of (laboratory) equipment/assemblies for correct functionality.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team building and testing the reactor systems as part of larger projects. You must be able to work independently or as part of a team, and be capable of working to strict deadlines.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory Company Pension scheme after 12 months’ service
- 22 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays)