|Location||Mayfair, London, W1, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2019|
|Salary||£65,000 to £100,000 a.e. , plus package|
Our prestigious client, a U.S. based Asset and Wealth management LLC, is seeking a Group General Accountant to join their new London operation at the end of June 2019. The role will be based in Mayfair, London W1.
As the ideal candidate, you will have had three to five years’ experience as a Financial Controller, or Group General Accountant in a Wealth Management and/or Property Investment business, holding at least one relevant degree and an accountancy qualification – possibly Chartered or equivalent. You will be free to travel if needed and live within easy access of the centre of London.
You will need to have an entrepreneurial outlook and be familiar with the rigours of a new start business as well as major corporate life. You will have a lively personality and be a confident and effective communicator at Board and Senior Management level.
Reporting to the CFO, the role will cover the following duties:
- Preparation of financial accounts and records.
- Provide assistance to the Directors in all matters of cost control and ledgers.
- The introduction of Quick Books or Sage e accounting service to meet daily and new HMRC guidelines and the IT management of this aspect.
- Preparation of financial material for the CFO for monthly board meetings.
- Supervision of accounts staff as the dept. grows.
- Dealing with accountants, auditors, bankers and creditors, bought ledger. Debtors and invoicing.
- Chasing monies owed.
- Observation, and monitoring of new guidelines of an accounting and HMRC basis.
- V.A.T. returns, registration and management thereof for existing and new Group companies.
- Managing standing orders and the organisation’s other day to day banking requirements.
The role will entail a high degree of confidentiality with the CEO and CFO whilst assisting all Directors in their financial ledgers, if needed.
- Three to five years’ experience as a Group General Accountant with a thorough understanding of:
- international trade interface,
- accounting procedures, methods and regulations for financial services and the construction industry,
- taxation regulations and offshore taxation regulations.
Additionally required skills:
- English mother tongue
- Fluent business level written and spoken French
- Working knowledge of one other European language an advantage.
- Able to travel as and when required.
- Site Service Engineer posted 5 months ago.
- Customer Service Executive with French and Italian posted 6 months ago.
- Production Planning Officer [6 month fixed term contract] posted 6 months ago.
- Graduate Administrator (Temp->Perm) Immediate Start! posted 6 months ago.
- Software Development Engineer posted 6 months ago.