|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2017|
|Salary||£24.000 to £32,000 according to experience, with discretionary annual bonus|
Our client is involved in the development, assembly and supply of equipment that is used in laboratories worldwide to develop new chemicals, plastics and medicines. Their equipment consists of electronics for measuring things such as temperature, pressure and pH, plus stirred glass and metal chambers that are heated/cooled for performing the experiments. This is all integrated through software. They are currently seeking a hands-on Electronic Technician with 3 to 5 years’ practical experience (ideally from working in an analytical chemistry equipment assembly workshop, or similar). Role Duties:
- Assembly and testing of electronics interfaces
- Making cables, connectors & general soldering tasks
- Electrical/mechanical repairs on assembled apparatus
- Ability to construct prototype units
- Complete operational testing of trial reactor assemblies, prior to final installation and commissioning
- Computer literacy, preferably with some knowledge of interfacing
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge and understanding of analogue and digital circuitry
- Ability to read and interpret electronic layout drawings
- Familiarity with mechanical fittings and pressure fittings for chemical analytical equipment
- Experience with the use of machine tools.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory Company Pension scheme after 12 months’ service
- 22 Days Annual Holiday +(bank holidays).
- Lead Qualifier / Developer posted 19 days ago.
- Receptionist / Administrator posted about 1 month ago.
- 2nd Line Desktop Engineer – Urgent – Immediate Start! posted about 1 month ago.
- Business Development /Operations Executive – Travel Industry (with French) posted about 1 month ago.
- Business Development /Operations Executive – Travel Industry (with German) posted about 1 month ago.