|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Salary||£19,000 to £22,000 a.e.|
(1 year, fixed term contract)
Operating internationally, our client specialises in the bespoke manufacture of bench scale laboratory instruments (pre-pilot scale chemical reactors and systems). They provide both automated and manual tools to process R&D to clients in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical and petrochemical industries, as well as into academia.
They are currently seeking a hands-on Electro-Mechanical Technician with around 2 years’ practical experience to join the production team. You will be responsible for the build of the electrical and electronic assembly(ies) on the instruments, in line with the agreed schedule, to ensure on timely delivery of the project.
- Assist in calculating assembly stage estimates for electronic and/or mechanical operations
- Liaise with stores to ensure required components/stock for the project are available within build/assembly schedule
- Electro-mechanical assembly and testing of electronics interfaces
- Making up cables, connectors & general soldering tasks
- Electrical/mechanical repairs on assembled apparatus
- Assisting with the operational testing of trial reactor assemblies, prior to final installation and commissioning
- Providing feedback for the quality and continuous improvement system.
- Proven background in Electronic assembly, including wiring, soldering to IPC 610 A standards. (Minimum 2 years’experience)
- Understanding of circuit diagrams (analogue and digital circuitry)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet
- Manual dexterity
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Highly desirable skills/experience:
- Experience in working in a medium to low volume electro-mechanical “box-build” or turnkey environment.
- Understanding of Safe Working Practices
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing Principles such as 5S, Set Up Reduction, Standard Work, TPM.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- HNC/HND in an electronic or engineering discipline
- Approachable manner that encourages interaction with others
- Strong commitment to quality
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team building and testing electronic systems as part of larger projects. You must be able to work independently or as part of a team, and be capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines.
The role will initially be offered for a one year, fixed term contract, with the possibility of becoming permanent at the end of the contract.
- 35 hour week. Core Hours 10:00 to 16:00 with flex on start/finish time.
- 25 days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays).