|Location||St Albans, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 29, 2016|
|Salary||£25,000 – £30,000|
Our client is a growing, successful company, providing 3rd party operational services to the finance and insurance sectors. They are now looking to recruit a Compliance Assistant to provide professional compliance service to the Company and its clients and maintain effective regulatory controls within the firm. Competencies required upon recruitment
- Experience - minimum 1- 2 years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Operational Excellence – works to a high standard and continuously seeks opportunities to enhance personal performance, process/systems/service improvements within role
- People – demonstrates integrity, respect, teaming, leadership and management of handling of all departmental work
- Commitment – displays willingness, enthusiasm and flexibility to task completion.
- Quality – pays attention to detail, completes tasks in a timely manner and consistently produces quality outputs
- Risk – adverse to risk taking and understands the risks applying to the firm to avoid undue to risk to the business
- Security Awareness – understands basic principles of DPA and other forms of protection of data or assets within an organisation
Minimum Qualifications required upon recruitment:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Principal Job Objectives
- Assist with the monitoring plan as directed by the Compliance & Risk Manager in order to analyse the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements including FCA (e.g. COBS, SYSC, TC), data protection, information security, anti-fraud and business continuity requirements
- Investigate and assist in the management of complaints including drafting final decision letters
- Demonstrate a commitment to the TCF (treating customers fairly) culture, ensuring fair outcomes for consumers
- Ability to assimilate Management Information and communicate effectively
- Assist with the review of all Company policy and procedure documents
- Maintain the Company and its clients’ breach registers
- Assist the Compliance & Risk Manager in the delivery of internal audit and risk assessment work on behalf of the Company and its third party clients
- Undertake weekly PEP and Sanctions checking to satisfy the regulatory requirements of both the Company and its clients
- General assistance on other compliance and regulatory matters (such as checks of clients’ identity, assessing the CBT modules)
- Support and work in accordance with the Company’s ISO27001and TCF policies and procedures.
Essential knowledge and experience required at recruitment
- Experience in financial services (ideally 1-2 years), preferably with some working knowledge of the FCA handbook and its practical application or within a third party administration firm
- Experience of monitoring, risk management and/or internal audit skills
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and be a strong team player
- Demonstration of effective communication including presentation skills and report writing.
Additional Knowledge required to become fully competent
- Understanding of administration and systems within the company.
- Knowledge of protection and investment products.
- Good understanding of the FCA Handbook and regulatory requirements.
- Professional Qualification e.g. IOC, FPC, CII.
- Supporting the Compliance & Risk Manager in maintaining standards of compliance/regulated activities within a third party administration environment
- Proving knowledge of administration and systems within the company.
- Deputy Head of Financial Control – Blue-chip Company posted 7 months ago.