|Location||ST ALBANS, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
|Salary||£23,000 to £25,000 a.e. plus bonus and benefits|
Communications and Policy Officer – Ethical Supply Chain Programme
Calling all graduates, with fluent French!
Do you have an interest in sustainable development and ethical supply chains? Do you have great research, analytical and communication skills? If so this role could be of great interest to you!
Our client is the non-profit trade organisation representing a metals ore mining industry. They aim to improve human rights, social, environmental and working conditions in the mineral/metal supply chain and encourage sustainable development for local communities associated with natural resource extraction.
They are seeking a new Communications and Policy Officer for their Supply Chain Initiative Programme (SCIP). This award winning programme is currently monitoring supply chains from four countries in central Africa and has a large global membership base. The aim of the role is to improve communications to all stakeholders to better reflect the challenges and achievements of this work and also expand the organisation’s training and awareness raising activities relating to mineral due diligence, regulation and auditing.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a full understanding of the five steps of OECD due diligence guidance for responsible supply chains and how the SCIP is implemented in the field.
- Achieve a good understanding of the EU mineral due diligence regulatory environment
- Develop and deliver communication tools such as graphics, webinars and training materials to provide clear information on the work of the SCIP and the requirements for its members and partners
- Play a key role in developing appropriate content for regular reports about the SCIP’s work, to be posted via social media and website, ensuring timely delivery
- Work closely with the SCIP Membership Administrator to manage communication to current and applicant SCIP members, providing French language support as required.
- Keep track and perform research on companies, stakeholders and external articles related to the SCIP
- Understand and improve internal policies and procedures related to communications and memberships, including data management and GDPR requirements
- From time to time undertake international travel for field and stakeholder visits, conferences, provision of training, or other role related activities. This may include some travel to remote mining areas, including central Africa
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level with some professional experience in any of the following areas:
- stakeholder or membership management,
- compliance or supply chain due diligence,
- customer service skills or similar.
- Fluency in French and English with demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in both languages with the ability to translate complex information into relevant, concise and effective reporting for internal and external audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs and use of social media platforms
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes and policies as well as identify and understand challenges, trends, and risks to identify and implement opportunities for improvements
- Confidence to interact, engage and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail as well as be creative in presenting information.
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Background or demonstrated interest in sustainable development, conflict minerals or supply chain due diligence
- Design and creative experience in and developing a wide range of internal and external marketing communications including webinars, infographics and process diagrams.
Monday to Friday, 36.25 hours per week ( core hours: 10:00 to 15:00)
(Some flexibility required, due to international travel and working across different time zones)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Company Pension Scheme after 3 months
- Bonus scheme after 1 year.
- Site Service Engineer posted 5 months ago.
- Production Planning Officer [6 month fixed term contract] posted 6 months ago.
- Experienced Resourcer, 'Commercial' experience essential! posted over 4 years ago.
- Fluent Hebrew speaking Credit Controller posted over 5 years ago.