|Location||St Albans, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2016|
Reporting to the Managing Director the primary role of the Business Development Manager is to personally generate revenue by distributing the Company products via Independent Financial Advisors.
It will involve designing and promoting be-spoke products and services which will assist IFA’s generate new advisory fee opportunities and working in partnership with a related party to promote software solutions to Financial Advisers. Principal Objectives
- Work with the Managing Director to ensure the IFA distribution strategy and underlying activities promote the business products at low cost.
- Achieve targeted levels of sales.
- Write proposals and negotiate with IFA’s selection panels as required.
- Work with the Managing Director in providing an excellent, professional customer focused service at optimum efficiency and in line with the FCA Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles.
Essential knowledge and experience required for appointment
- A proven track record of Business Development experience. It is essential that the job holder has an extensive network of relationships (gatekeepers and stakeholders) with Independent Financial Advisors (nationals and networks).
- Proven knowledge of competitors and their product capabilities.
- Strong inter-personal, organisational and communication skills.
- Negotiation, presentation and sales skills. In particular the ability to close key strategic sales opportunities.
- High attention to detail in constructing and reviewing proposals.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, self-sufficient and fast moving environment.
Additional Knowledge required to become fully competent
- Knowledge of existing product and service capabilities.
- Familiarity of strategic priorities and overall business plan.
- Strong relationships with key IFA’s.
- Responsible for all IFA sales opportunities and meeting revenue targets.
- Work with colleagues in maintaining a compliant set of products and services.
- Ensure that the services adequately support the requirements of the products and regulators.
- Developing, improving and maintaining practices and procedures. Ensuring that these are implemented in a consistent manner with the appropriate level of controls.
- A compliant and market leading service.
- Winning a targeted amount with revenue from customers and distribution partners.
- Maintaining good personal relationships with all of the company’s business partners.
- Write business cases for IFA distribution deals and new products.