|Location||Edgware, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2018|
|Salary||up to £30,000 according to experience|
To apply for this role you will need to be 100% fluent in written and spoken French, plus have excellent written and spoken English.
Our client is looking for an experienced business developer/sales person to join the sales team in their busy travel agency, which offers bespoke tours to travellers from French speaking areas in Europe and Canada.
This role will suit someone who has several years proven experience in B2B/B2C sales in the travel industry, driving sales to U.K. and Irish travel destinations. You will be building up contacts/relationships with existing and new clients.
Additionally, you will need previous experience of managing junior colleagues as you will be supervising and mentoring the company’s Business Development Executives in the French team.
Summary of duties:
- Supervise and support the Business Development team
- Effectively win business by producing quality, competitive quotations
- Up-sell additional services to clients, wherever possible
- Work closely with the sales and marketing manager to increase conversion rates
- Monitor staff performance and ensure targets are achieved.
- Appoint and train new BD staff
- Experience in the Travel Industry or degree in Tourism Management or similar.
- Experience in managing a small team
- Fluency in English and French to business level
- A positive attitude with drive and a work ethic to meet targets
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and able to ‘think outside the box’
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication /relationship-building and analytical skills
- Excellent time-management
- Knowledge and understanding of travel industry information systems, preferably the Tourplan platform
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate and small team
- Ability to induct, coach and support team members
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed fashion
Office hours: Either 08:00 to 17:00, or 09:00 to 18:00 (alternate weeks on a rota basis).
Participate in Emergency Mobile Phone cover, (rota basis).
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme
If interested, please contact us with CV to request a full Job Specification.
- Operations Team Leader (Travel Industry) posted 7 months ago.
- Business Development Executive – ind. chemistry exp. essential posted about 1 year ago.