|Location||Borehamwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2017|
|Salary||£30,000 to £40,000 a.e.|
Our client is a leading supplier of chemistry analytical equipment to the Fine Chemicals, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. They are currently looking for an energetic and commercially-driven individual with some industrial experience (ideally in the chemical industry) to fill a key role in their worldwide sales team. You will be promoting and selling their products both through direct and supporting distributor sales channels. This is an exceptional chance to develop your career with an expanding industry leader. As a small, expanding company there is good potential for career progression Alongside sales and marketing team colleagues, you will compose regular marketing material and then ensure that this is distributed to the overseas sales offices. You will work closely with distributors ensuring they are actively promoting products and also provide them with the necessary ongoing support and training. A knowledge of the client’s products is not needed at the outset, but you will be required to study and learn them in detail and for this a background in chemistry/chemical engineering, ideally with some experience, will be essential. Key Duties:
- Supporting European distributor activities, including preparation of technical offers, assisting in obtaining technical information, sending updates with company information and exhibition support.
- Direct product selling activity to specifically focus on strategic geographic and application areas in the European market.
- Coordinating customer demonstrations.
- Maintaining and expanding company client database.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the company’s brand.
- Preparing and writing technical content for marketing materials.
- Degree in Science/engineering, ideally chemistry including some industrial experience.
- Some experience in a sales/business development role.
- Experience required within a chemical laboratory environment. (Direct experience with chemistry automation particularly advantageous.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand customer processes and identify ideal solutions from the company’s product portfolio and capabilities
- Have a flexible working attitude
- Be able to travel within Europe as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to the industrial, R&D chemical sector (Individuals with strong chemical engineering background and commercial acumen considered. Full training will be given.)
- Capital equipment sales experience
- Working knowledge of chemical processes deployed in pharmaceutical and fine chemical R&D.
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus structure
- Company pension scheme
- Dynamic Office Manager – Mayfair, W1. posted 27 days ago.
- French speaking EA to UHNWI posted about 1 month ago.
- LEGAL PA/Executive Secretary (Commercial/Residential Property) posted 2 months ago.
- Instrument Assembly and Testing Technician posted 3 months ago.
- Business Development / Sales Executive posted 3 months ago.