|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 2, 2016|
|Salary||£30,000 to £32,000 a.e.|
Our client is looking for a very experienced sales person to join the Business Development team in their busy travel agency, which offers bespoke tours to travellers from France and Germany.
This role will suit someone who has around 5 years’ proven B2B sales experience in the travel industry, building up sales contacts/relationships with overseas tour companies, producing competitive quotations and undertaking high level account management with important clients.
You will need to be 100% fluent in both written and spoken French plus have excellent written and spoken English. (Fluent business German would be a bonus).
Reporting to: Operations and Business Development Manager
Purpose of Role:
- To support the operations staff
- To effectively win business by producing quality, competitive quotations in response to our client’s group travel requirements in the UK.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
1) Staff and Handovers:
- To be involved in the training of all new Business Development staff with the input of the Sales Manager
- To ensure that all handovers are completed correctly
2) New Requests / Quoting:
- To acknowledge all new requests with a telephone call.
- To ensure that all new requests are qualified.
- To produce good quality quotations using the company standard format and within the agreed deadlines for your market.
- To take an option on accommodation or other services when required.
- To follow up all quotations consistently to maximize conversion rates.
- To acknowledge confirmations to clients.
- To ensure all offers are completed in Tourplan
- To ensure that all options are confirmed before handing over to the Ops team
- To log all new requests.
- To update log with confirmations and lost business.
- To negotiate the best possible rates with suppliers (contracted and non-contracted).
- To ensure that options held are centralised and checked on a daily basis
- To negotiate allocations with Hotels for the dept with Manager’s assistance
- To develop a close relationship with the Purchasing dept
- To ensure that the correct margin for each client is achieved.
- To ensure that purchasing is made under budget insofar as possible.
6) Liaison with Manager:
- To assist the Sales Manager in production of the weekly report for the MD
- To liaise with the Sales Manager every day to update her on the enquiry levels and conversion rates in order to anticipate peak dates
- To develop product knowledge by attending training sessions, familiarisation trips and educational activities.
- To liaise with Sales on special products, special offers and meet with the Sales Manager on a fortnightly basis.
- To complete any reasonable instruction from a superior.
- Business Development /Operations Executive – Travel Industry (with German) posted 3 months ago.