|Location||Stonebridge Park -, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
|Salary||£25,000 to £29,000 a.e. + benefits|
Experienced 2nd Line Desktop Engineer (+ cover for embedded colleagues)
Our client, a dynamic IT Service Solutions Provider, is urgently seeking an experienced 2nd line Engineer to join their busy Desktop Support team, based in north west London. You will also be expected to work off-site, providing holiday and sickness cover for colleagues embedded within the IT support Departments on clients’ premises in Hemel Hempstead and Covent Garden. (Approx. 25 weeks/year).
This role will thus suit candidates with access to their own car, who live in North West, or North London, who are available with minimum notice.
You will be providing technical support to company staff via phone, email and self service, as well as desk-side support, as required, assisting them with IT hardware and software problems.
Besides a competitive salary package the role also offers the following benefits:
- 20 Days holiday (+bank holidays) with further days accruing after 2 years’ service
- After 1 year’s service: Company Pension Scheme and BUPA Scheme
- Deliver 2nd line support activities and duties
- Desktop/laptop imaging, builds and repairs
- Server build, configuration and installation
- Be flexible and be able to work out of hours when necessary
- Ability to analyse, diagnose, troubleshoot problems, within set SLA`s
- Able to work methodically and logically.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Windows 10 and prior versions + MS Office support (deskside and remote)
- Server hardware/software builds
- Some support for MS Exchange & VirusScan
- Networking (cabling); troubleshooting
- Ability to learn quickly and to follow processes
- Identifying and responding to calls in a professional manner.
- 12 months’ experience within an IT support environment (2nd line)
- 12 months’ experience in supporting Users in a Citrix Environment
- Excellent experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010 (2013) with emphasis on MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent experience with using and troubleshooting Windows 10/8.1/x & iOS 8x/9x
- A firm understanding of ITIL, ITIL’s framework and how this applies to the IT Function
- Use of ITIL based incident/request logging tools
Required Skills :
- Excellent telephone & customer service manner
- Excellent understanding of IT hardware set-up and configuration
- Focus on quality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure that company processes and procedures are put in place
- Knowledge of supporting Citrix environments
Required Qualifications/Education :
- ITIL Foundation (v3)
- Industry IT standard certification (MCP or similar)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 16:30 (40 hours)
- Receptionist / Administrator posted 2 months ago.
- Administrator /Accounts Assistant posted 3 months ago.
- Executive Assistant posted 4 months ago.
- Experienced Office Administrator (with reception duties) posted 7 months ago.
- Electronics Engineer posted 9 months ago.