|Location||Watford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 15, 2017|
|Salary||£62,000 including generous benefits package|
Our client is a prestigious global organisation in the financial payments sector, based in central Watford. They are now seeking an Associate Corporate Counsel to provide a variety of general commercial legal services for the EMEA region. The successful applicant will act as advisor on legal issues involving the provision of the organization’s products and services. They will manage legal risks impacting the EMEA region and the company as a whole. Duties will include drafting and negotiating software service and consultancy agreements with major corporate clients, working closely with the company’s senior sales and client service team to ensure that contracts are compliant with the company’s policies and business rules
The role includes a generous benefits package including:
- Private Healthcare
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Company Gym
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but limited to the Company’s Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
- Develops and negotiates agreements and other transactional documents for all types of business transactions, including license, service, distribution, SAAS, resale agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Advises staff on legal risks with respect to operational business decisions.
- Assists in the establishment and roll-out of company-wide policies affecting the business region
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Technical / professional qualifications:
- A UK qualified lawyer with at least 2-5 years’ legal experience in a law firm or a corporate environment
- Experience in general corporate and other laws and regulations, specific to the computer and technology industry highly desired.
- Strong transactional skills with excellent knowledge and experience of general commercial terms and conditions with a strong bias towards software licensing, software solution development and ASP agreements.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude. The ability to work under pressure and work to deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent organizational and administration skills.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- French language skills highly desirable