|Location||Watford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 15, 2017|
|Salary||£35.00 per hour|
(2 month contract with possibility to extend)
Our client is a prestigious global organisation in the financial payments sector, based in central Watford. They are now seeking an Associate Corporate Counsel to provide a variety of general commercial legal services for the EMEA region.
Reporting to the EMEA Head Counsel, you will act as advisor on legal issues involving the provision of the organization’s products and services, as well as GDPR documentation review. You will manage legal risks impacting the EMEA region and the company as a whole. Duties will include drafting and negotiating software service and consultancy agreements with major corporate clients, working closely with the company’s senior sales and client service team to ensure that contracts are compliant with the company’s policies and business rules.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and capable commercial solicitor with experience of GDPR and software or IT / technology contracts. The ability to take a view on legal, commercial and technical issues and to work openly & enthusiastically within a busy in-house legal team is important.
- Data processing agreements, which include drafting, amending and negotiating with customers and vendors across the group.
- Commercial contracts and agreements, which will include advising and aiding negotiations alongside the sales and finance teams on customer contracts across the group, such as software product licence agreements, software development and software support agreement. Drafting tender and proposal contracts & agreements.
- Managing and advising on ad hoc legal queries from across the business, including advising on software licensing issues and general contract terms, intellectual property rights issues, employee and HR issues, employment contract issues and company policies.
- Liaising with the compliance team on GDPR matters for which they are responsible including relating to company secretarial matters across the group and all regulatory licencing and compliance proceedings.
- Liaising with the finance team on matters for which they are responsible including relating to new company and branch incorporations, due diligence on any acquisitions and investments.
The candidate should also be down-to-earth, personable and have good communication skills, and can build good rapport with others within the business, including senior management where necessary, as well as colleagues in the legal team.
This unique position is a fantastic opportunity to join a global, expanding business who are offering a great step up in career progression, as well as high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
Our client envisages that candidates with 4+ years PQE will have the relevant skills/knowledge for this position. However, applications from candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who can demonstrate they have the relevant experience, will also be considered.
- Lead Qualifier / Developer posted 4 months ago.
- Experienced ESOL Tutor posted 6 months ago.
- Italian Speaking Credit Control Agent (Temporary to Permanent) Watford posted about 1 year ago.
- PA to MD Mayfair Property Company posted about 1 year ago.
- Experienced Resourcer, 'Commercial' experience essential! posted over 2 years ago.